- Written by Super User
- Category: Frontpage
- Hits: 1720
Bespoke / Private Tours
Over the last 25 years we have been privileged to cycle the length and breadth of Ireland, as well as many regions of Europe. We have met many customers and therefore, know that a cycling tour can be many different things to
different people. Our current routes have all been carefully worked on to show the best in each area. We constantly re-visit the areas, listen to feedback and keep our ears to the ground to improve and tweak any tour if we think we can make it better. For example for the 2020 season we have revamped two old favourite tours, West Cork & Kerry Cycle and our Wicklow Walk....
Coupling this extensive experience with so many destinations creates a permutation of tours that are almost limitless. However, if you fancy cycling for more or less than a week, if 50kms is too much or not enough, if you want to stay in a castle or your want more rest days, let us organise this for you! We are happy to use our experience to help plan the perfect tour.
We have planned many tours for groups of friends based on any number of themes, from keeping to the coast to upgrading accommodation every night. If you fancy something a bit more challenging, it is no problem for us to organise this. We have a number of road bikes that we can rent out suitable for a more sportive style holiday. Essentially we enjoy the challenge of creating the perfect tour for all of our customers
- Written by Marion
- Category: Frontpage
- Hits: 752
Booking Conditions –Sportive Tours
Irish Cycling Safaris Ltd (“the Company”) accepts bookings subject to the following conditions:
1.The contract is between the Company and the client, being any person travelling or intending to travel on a tour operated by the company. The contract, including all matters arising from it, is subject to Irish law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts. A booking is accepted and becomes definite only from the date when the company sends a confirmation. It is at this point that a contract between the company and the client comes into existence. Before your booking is confirmed and comes into existence the company reserves the right to increase or decrease brochure prices. The company or their agents reserve the right to decline any booking at their discretion.
2. To secure a booking the Company or their agent requires a completed booking form and the necessary deposit. The client must be over 18 years of age. Clients booking by telephone, by website/E-mail or fax will be deemed to have signed the booking form and read and accepted our terms of booking.
3. The balance of all monies due, including any surcharges applicable at the time, must be paid to the company not later than 6 weeks before departure. In the case of non-payment of the balance by the due date the Company reserves the right to cancel your booking and cancellation charges will apply. If any cheque is dishonoured we reserve the right to charge €25 to cover administration costs.
4. Client’s bookings are accepted on the understanding that they appreciate the risks inherent in cycling and that they undertake the tours featured in our programme at their own volition. Our obligations, and those of any suppliers providing any service or facility involved in any travel arrangements you book with us, are to provide services and facilities with reasonable care and skill. Facilities will be provided to the realistic standard recommended by the regulatory authorities responsible.
5. Clients bringing their own bikes do so on the proviso that their equipment is in a suitable condition for participation in a tour. Responsibility for maintenance of bicycles brought by clients rests with the client. The company will endeavour to accommodate such clients, but cannot guarantee that correct tools and spares will be available, given the wide range of possibilities that exist.
6. Your bicycle is only insured by the Company on transit from Dublin to the tour start point and from the tour finish point back to Dublin. The maximum insured value on any bike is €1500.00. At all other times while on the tour the care of the bicycle is the responsibility of each client.
7. The company provides all services on a “ground only” basis. The client is responsible for arranging their own travel to the designated start points of each tour. The company cannot accept any liability for any delay/cancellation in your transportation and cannot offer any refunds for lost holiday time.
8. Clients agree to accept the authority and decisions of the Company’s employees, tour leaders and agents whilst on the tour with the company. If in the opinion of such persons the health, level of fitness or conduct of a client at any time before or after departure appears likely to endanger the safe, comfortable or happy progress of a tour the client may be excluded from all or part of the tour without refund or recompense. In the case of ill health the company may make such arrangements as it sees fit and recover the costs thereof from the client. If a client commits an illegal act the client may be excluded from the tour and the Company shall cease to have responsibility to/for them. If you are affected by a condition, medical or otherwise, that might affect you or affect other people’s enjoyment or active participation of the tour, you must advise us at the time of booking. No refund will be given for any unused services.
9. The Company will use its best endeavours to operate all tours as advertised. However, it reserves the right to change any of the facilities, services, prices or itineraries described in our brochure/website. If a major change is necessary or deemed advisable, the company will advise the client as soon as reasonably possible, if there is no time before departure.
10. Should the client have a reason to complain, you must immediately notify our representative on tour. If the client’s complaint is not dealt with satisfactorily at the time, they must write to us with full details of the complaint within 28 days of the end of the tour. Failure to notify complaints entirely within accordance of this clause will diminish or extinguish the client’s ability to claim compensation.
11. Force Majeure. We regret we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by reasons of circumstance amounting to “force majeure”. In these conditions “force majeure” means any event which we the supplier of services in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events include war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire or adverse weather conditions, epidemics or health risks and all similar events outside our control.
12. The company reserves the right to cancel a tour in any circumstances but will not cancel a tour less than 6 weeks before departure except for “force majeure”, consolidation, or the client’s failure to pay the final balance. Compensation will not be payable (1) where the company is forced to cancel as a result of unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which we could not have avoided even with all due care or (2) where an insufficient number of people book the clients chosen trip and we notify we are cancelling for this reason not less than 6 weeks before departure We cannot be held responsible for any costs or expenses you may have as a result of cancellation.
- Written by Super User
- Category: Frontpage
- Hits: 1036
1. Definitions and InterpretationIn this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings: Account: Means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of our site and any contract held with us. Cookie: Means a small text file placed on your computer or device by our site when you visit certain parts of our site and/or when you use certain features of our site. Details of the Cookies used by our site are set out in Part 14, below
Cookie Law means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003;We and Our: Refer to Cycling Safaris You and Your: Refer to you or your business/organisation as a client of ours or as a visitor to this website.
2. Information About UsOur site is owned by Cycling Safaris The registered address is Belfield Bike Shop, UCD, Dublin 4, Republic of Ireland Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone Number: +353 1 2600749
4. What is personal data?Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’. Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
- Email address;
- Telephone number;
- Business name;
7. How do you use my personal data?Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data may be used for one or more of the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your Account;
- Providing and managing your access to our site;
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on our site;
- Supplying our services to you. Your personal details are required in order for us to enter into a contract with you.
- Personalising and tailoring our products or services for you.
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you.
- Analysing your use of our site and gathering feedback to enable us to continually improve our site and your user experience.